TrueAbility returns with their most difficult of competitions yet, Linux Showdown 8 “The Assembler”, beginning March 16th. The competitions consists of two rounds, spanning over the course of about three weeks.
Assembler refers to the low-level programming language used in computers or programmable devices. Unlike high level programming languages which are similar across multiple platforms, assembler is unique to talking directly to a certain hardware architectures. This means that you better bring your ‘A’ game to this competition!
Round One March 16-March 31st
For this challenge, you’re going to be using your scripting skills to implement a “sub par assembler
- Score in the top 20% and win an invite to round 2
- $50 Credit to DigitalOcean for top 25 winners
- $500 Credit from TrueAbility for your employers for our AbilityScreens
Round Two April 1-April 8th.
You gained an invite to this round by successfully completing the last challenge, and hopefully you saved a copy of it because we’re going to add some functionality to it in this round
- Top 5 winners: $300 credit at Linux Foundation for the Linux Certified Engineer Exam
- Grand prize: D-Link AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router
If you do not have one of these next generation routers yet, here is your chance to score one with your awesome computer knowledge.
I look forward to seeing you at the showdown!